Colorado International School (CoIS) is an independent school that provides the highest-quality international education in a language immersion environment to prepare its students for lifelong learning and future educational success.
“Hello, Hola, Bonjour, Guten Tag, and Ni Hao!”
We have an immediate opening for a preschool student with an emphasis in Mandarin at our CoIS Hybrid location near Park Hill. Call to inquire: 303-918-5182
History Established in 2005, Colorado International School (CoIS) is the first and only accredited (AdvancED) international immersion school in Denver, Colorado and the Rocky Mountain Region. CoIS is a private, non-profit international school, an immersion school which serves students in preschool through 8th grades (ages 3-14). CoIS immerses students in French, German, Mandarin and English in our day programs. We also offer Enrichment Program courses in Persian (Farsi), Russian, Italian, Japanese, and Arabic as well as in our four main languages.
Colorado International School is authorized to implement the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IB PYP). IB World Schools share a common philosophy—a commitment to high-quality, challenging, international education—that we believe is important for our students.
To our knowledge, Colorado International School is the only international immersion school in the Rocky Mountain Region with PYP authorization and with curricular immersion in the preschool years; and possibly the only school in the world with PYP authorization in English and in three immersion languages: French, German and Mandarin.
In 2016, Colorado International School was delighted to announce that its Preschool Program had become the first preschool program in Denver to be accredited by AdvancED under its rigorous Early Learning Schools standards!
CoIS In The World
We are restructuring and expanding! New structure:
- Private school teachers, materials, training, field trips, experiences, community connections and opportunities in a home-school setting
- Advantages: Local, Flexible, Multiple Locales, Customizable and Cost Efficient.
- International private school, online, with frequent student exchanges, events and collaborations
- CoIS Virtual Program students attend class with the CoIS Hybrid Program students via G Suite instant video conferencing; making CoIS a truly international, immersion experience
- Many of our international partners, exchange students and alumni have expressed interest in opening CoIS Abroad.
- Our first location will be in Embu, Kenya with locations in Japan, China and Germany to follow.
- This will increase the ease with which we provide student exchange opportunities and enrich daily programming.
We are also updating our curriculum, methodology and teacher training. Welcome to the future of education!
Breaking News: Colorado families can now use 529 savings plans to fund elementary education- tax free.