Welcome to the German Program at Colorado International School (CoIS)
Colorado International School believes learning another language is second nature to a three-year-old. We follow the principle of “full immersion” and classes are conducted entirely in German.
Preschoolers can begin the program at age three and do not need any prior foreign language. All of our teachers are native German speakers. Aside from being great instructors, their caring and nurturing approach brings out the best in young children.
In the preschool setting, we introduce our students to German through a variety of multi-sensory activities. Expressive art and music, simple stories and rhythmic games based on seasonal and nature themes provides a gentle structure to the preschooler’s day. We understand that children thrive in an interactive environment. We encourage sharing, telling stories and making friends.
*A typical preschool day at CoIS *
- Arrival (Children are met by the Preschool Teacher)
- Welcoming (We sit in a circle and welcome each other; we share about the previous day, weekend or we have show and tell).
- Free Play Time (We have at our disposal social games, a painting area, building corner, puzzles, and a book corner). Each child can decide what he/she wants to play with and with whom.
- Teacher-guided activities (may include baking, rhythm exercise, crafts etc.) Activity Schedule may vary depending on the day of the week.
- Snack Time (Each Child brings snack).
- Gymnastics and Movement Exercises (the children have gymnastics and space to develop various movement exercises such as balancing, dancing and playground etc.).
- Time to go home (We say good bye to each other in a circle and sing a farewell song before leaving.)
The German Program offers an outstanding German enrichment program.
Our German Program is a proud partner of the Zentralstelle fuer das Auslandsschulwesen (ZfA)