Through 28 February 2017: we have a limited number of part-time preschool spaces available for 2017-2018. Please note that all monthly payment plans begin in June and end the following May. The academic year is mid-August through the end of May. Part-time tuition is as follows:
2 days/week (8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.) will cost $6000/year plus $1000 in mandatory tuition fees = $7000/year
3 days/week (8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.) will cost $9000/year plus $1000 in mandatory tuition fees = $10000/year
4 days/week (8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.) will cost $12000/year plus $1000 in mandatory tuition fees = $13000/year
SCHEDULE OF TUITION AND FEES
- 2017-2018 Academic Year
- Full-time Student Tuition:
Full-time students attend the school from mid-August to late May. The school year calendar includes 177 student contact days over a 41-week period. Tuition is paid by year, by semester, or by month over a 12-month period. All international students must pay annually or by semester.
Families may choose to enroll with a one-year contract or a two-year contract (available only through February 15, 2017).
One-Year Contract Options
- Comprehensive full-time tuition is $18,000 for one academic year. This $18,000 tuition covers education and enrichment of the student from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. as well as all daily transportation (within a 5-mile radius of the School’s location) and daily lunch fees. Parents may choose to apply a 10% discount if they pay this one-year tuition by May 15, 2017 or if they enroll two or more members of the same family at the one-year comprehensive tuition rate. The family discount applies to each child attending CoIS.
- Non-comprehensive full-time tuition is $15,000 for one academic year. This $15,000 tuition covers education and enrichment of the student from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. but does not cover daily transportation and daily lunch fees. Parents may choose to apply a 10% discount if they pay this one-year tuition by May 15, 2017 or if they enroll two or more members of the same family at the one-year non-comprehensive tuition rate. The family discount applies to each child attending CoIS.
Two-Year Contract Options for 2017-2019
Students may enroll for the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 academic years with a discounted non-comprehensive tuition rate of $12,000 (for contracts signed by December 15, 2016), $13,000 (for contracts signed December 16, 2016 through January 15, 2017), or $14,000 (for contracts signed January 16, 2017 through February15, 2017) for each academic year. This discounted two-year tuition covers education and enrichment of the student from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. but does not cover daily transportation and daily lunch fees. No prepayment or family discount applies to two-year contracts.
Multiple discounts such as a prepaid discount and a family discount are not allowed. There is no discount for pre-payment of reduced tuition from any financial aid award or for part-time students. The School does not pro-rate tuition for students who enter after the start of classes in August.
To apply to the School for admission, each candidate pays a $100.00 nonrefundable application fee. Candidates who are accepted into the School pay mandatory nonrefundable tuition fees (items 6d-i below – total $1,000.00) upon signing the contract.
Tuition does not cover all costs of operating the School long-term. Families are expected to make up the difference each year with charitable contributions from individual, corporate or foundation sources.
The regular operating hours of the Preschool are 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and for the Kindergarten-12th Grades are 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Part-time preschool students. Tuition for part-time preschool programs, if space is available, is set at the daily rate in Item 4e, below, for the academic year. In addition, payment of mandatory nonrefundable tuition fees of $1000.00 is due at the time of enrollment. No prepayment or family discount applies to part-time students.
- Financial aid. The School participates in outside tuition assistance programs for all grade levels. Limited funds are available through the School for need-based financial assistance to full-time students. The financial aid committee accepts standard applications from interested applicants on a rolling basis. Available funds are distributed using objective standards and without regard to the race, religion, color, ethnic origin, national origin, or sexual orientation of the applicant.
- Camp days. CoIS conducts day and week long programs from time to time during school breaks and during the summer months. The fees for these programs appear below.
- Day camp $100.00/8-hour day
- 2-week Day Camp session $600.00/session
- Extended Day Camp hours $15.00/hour/camper
- Adventure summer camp fees: varies depending on travel costs
- Drop-in daily rate (if space is available) $150.00/9-hour day
- After hours enrichment. CoIS provides enrichment programs throughout the school year during weekday hours and on weekends. Language and other special programs are offered to both CoIS enrolled students and members of the wider community. Unless otherwise stated on the registration form, the fees for these enrichment programs are paid by semester or by academic year. Drop-in rates for these programs are $15.00/student/hour.
Unless otherwise stated on the registration form, a flat optional family discount of $25.00/student/session is available for families who enroll more than one enrichment student at CoIS and who pay by year or by semester. The family discount applies to each enrichment student in the family. Multiple discounts such as a prepaid discount and a family discount are not allowed.
- Other fees. CoIS has a schedule of fees for other services and programs.
- Hot lunch (when available): $10.00/lunch
- Bus fee, one trip (within 5-mile radius): $10.00/ride
- Book/materials fee K-12th grades: $300.00/year
- Book/materials fee Pre-K: $200.00/year
- Activities/Sports Fee: $100.00/year
- Facility Fee: $500.00/year
- Professional Development Fee for Pre-K: $200.00/year
- Professional Development Fee for K-12th grades: $100.00/year
- Host Family Stipend (for international students only): $10,000.00//year